What is Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition?
Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition is a fun and engaging icebreaker activity that promotes teamwork and healthy competition. This activity is perfect for groups of all sizes and works well for team-building events, corporate workshops, training sessions, or any social gathering that needs a quick and easy icebreaker.
To play, the group is divided into teams, and each team is given a topic or question to debate. The goal is to have teams present their arguments in a convincing way to sway the judges and persuade them to agree with their opinion. However, the catch is that teams must also present and acknowledge counterarguments to their position, showing they can see the other side of the issue.
The objective of this game is to foster critical thinking, improve communication skills, and offer a good time to everyone involved. The game should be played to help bring individuals together by challenging them and creating a conversation that celebrates differences.
This game might not be suitable for debates that use political opinions or those that are highly sensitive. Sometimes, debates can be awkward and bring out biases that may ruin the atmosphere. On the other hand, when the game is played in a good spirit, it can be very great fun and conducive to creative thinking.
To make the game more enjoyable, try to keep the topics light while ensuring they are current and relevant to the participants. You can also set rules such as time limits for presentation and rebuttal as well as the number of points the judges will be awarding.
In conclusion, Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition is a great way to get people thinking and talking about a variety of topics, while having fun in the process. Not only does it engage and challenge participants, but it also fosters teamwork and a sense of community among team members. So don't hesitate to introduce this activity at your next event or meeting and watch the fun unfold!
How to play Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition
- Gather the teams: Divide the players into two teams. It’s more fun if the teams are evenly balanced, so try to mix up the skill levels!
- Set up the game area: Find a space large enough for the teams to move around comfortably. You can play indoors or outdoors, just make sure there is enough room for everyone.
- Explain the rules: Tell the players that the goal of the game is to agree or disagree with a statement as a team. They should work together to come to a decision and have fun in the process!
- Choose a statement: Select a statement or question that encourages discussion. It could be related to a current topic or something random like, ‘Is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping?’
- Give the teams time to discuss: Allow each team a few minutes to talk among themselves and come up with their decision. Encourage them to listen to everyone’s opinion and try to reach a consensus.
- Reveal the decisions: Bring the teams back together and ask each team to share their decision: Agree or Disagree. It’s time to see if they reached a consensus or not!
- Discuss and explain: After listening to both teams’ decisions, give them a chance to explain their thought process and reasons behind their choice. This is where the real fun and friendly debates happen!
- Repeat with new statements: Continue the game by choosing new statements or questions and repeating steps 5 to 7. You can play for as long as you like, or until everyone has had their fill of friendly arguments!
Benefits of Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition
- Improved communication skills: Playing this game can help improve communication skills in a fun and non-threatening way. It encourages players to actively listen to others' opinions and express their own in a respectful manner.
- Team bonding: Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition is a great icebreaker game that encourages team bonding. It helps players get to know each other better and build stronger relationships.
- Enhanced problem-solving abilities: This icebreaker activity also helps enhance problem-solving abilities. Players are encouraged to think creatively and come up with solutions that satisfy everyone's needs.
- Increased empathy and understanding: Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition promotes empathy and understanding of different perspectives. It helps players appreciate different viewpoints and understand why others might have a different opinion.
- Fun and engaging: Finally, the best thing about Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition is that it is a fun and engaging game. It is a great way to break the ice and get players excited for the rest of the team-building activities.
Why I like Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition
Reflection questions for Agree to Disagree: Team Play Edition
- What did you learn about your team members through Agree to Disagree? - This question prompts individuals to reflect on what they discovered about their team members during the activity. It allows for the team to share insights and understanding that was previously unknown.
- Did the Agree to Disagree activity change the way you view disagreements within the team? - This question encourages individuals to think about how the activity affected their perception of disagreements in the team. It allows for discussion about how the activity may have shifted the team's approach to disagreements.
- How did the Agree to Disagree activity promote teamwork? - This question prompts individuals to think about how Agree to Disagree helped to enhance the dynamics of the team and strengthen their collaboration. It encourages sharing of teamwork strategies that led to success during the activity.
- What was the most challenging aspect of Agree to Disagree and how did the team overcome it? - This question helps individuals to reflect on the obstacles that the team encountered during the activity and how they were able to work together to overcome them. It encourages the team to build on these skills for future challenges.
- How can the lessons learned from Agree to Disagree be applied to real-world team projects? - This question prompts individuals to think about how they can apply the skills and strategies learned from Agree to Disagree to their future team projects. It encourages creative thinking and applying new concepts to real-world situations.
About the author
Founder & Chief Icebreaker
I started Icebreaker Spot because I truly believe that strong connections are the foundation of successful teams. I wanted to create a platform that would make it easy for people to find and share icebreakers and team building activities, empowering them to build trust, foster collaboration, and ultimately, achieve greatness together.
Activities you may also like
Keep the fun going with these similar activities.